Staff Users Privacy Notice
Who we are
We are IHL Tech Ltd, 57 Ashbourne Road, Derby, Derbyshire, DE22 3FS.
Company Registration Number: 09926970
We are registered as a data controller at the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA175849.
We are responsible for the processing of personal data that we have received in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the DPA 2018.
What is SmartHub?
SmartHub is a digital suite of features to support the Gambling Industry.
We provide SmartHub to Operators of Adult Gaming Centres and Licenced Bingo premises in Great Britain. These are referred to as our Customers.
We refer to our Customers premises as Venues.
Our role in your privacy
If you are providing Personal Data to us via SmartHub, this Privacy Notice applies to you.
- Our responsibilities as a Data Processor
- Whilst you are submitting information on SmartHub, we act as a ‘Data Processor’ of your data for our Customers. This means that we are acting on the instruction of our Customers to support them in the collection of information in relation to multiple business functions pertinent to their conditions of operating licenced gambling venues.
Please read this Privacy Notice
When we collect data
We will collect data from you with your consent:
- If you complete a submission using the SmartHub Application either on a Tablet or a PC.
Types of data we may collect
- Staff Data
- Your Name
- Your User Name
- Your Digital Signature
Types of data we DO NOT collect
- Any data relating to racial or ethnic origin.
- Any data relating to gender or sexual orientation.
- Any contact data.
- Any special category data (Photo).
Purposes for which we process your data
We collect your data solely for the purpose of providing our Customers with an auditable record of Staff Member activity, for compliance, and to provide information to assist our Customers in recommending further Staff Training.
How and why we use your data
Data protection law requires that we only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a lawful basis to do so. Here are the reasons why we process your data:
- Providing SmartHub to our Customers
- Processing of features to enable IHL to deliver, support and improve its SmartHub Application.
- In this context, our lawful basis for processing your personal data is the contract we have with our Customers AND explicit consent from you to submit the data you are providing to us on behalf of our Customers.
Here is what each “lawful basis” means:
- You have given explicit and informed consent for us to process your personal data for the specific purpose of SmartHub.
- Our Customers have entered into a contract with us for the service of providing SmartHub
Your privacy choices and rights
- Submitted Data
- If you have previously given consent to our processing your data you can freely withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com
- If you do withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your information, then we will stop processing your personal data.
You can exercise your rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to access information we hold about you
- This includes the right to ask us for supplementary information about:
- the categories of data we’re processing
- the purposes of data processing
- the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
- how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period)
- your other rights regarding our use of your data
- This includes the right to ask us for supplementary information about:
We will provide you with the information within one month of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights).
We will tell you if we can’t meet your request for that reason.
- You have the right to be ‘forgotten’ by us
- You can do this by asking us to erase any data we hold about you if it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data for purposes of compliance and auditing your activity or we have a legal obligation to retain your data.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your data
- Please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns. If we fail in this, you can address any complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, either by calling their helpline or as directed on their website at ico.org.uk
How secure is the data we collect?
We have physical, technical and organisational procedures in place to appropriately safeguard and secure the data we collect.
- All data is stored in a secure ISO 27001 facility by AWS (Ireland)
- All data traffic is encrypted with SHA-256 RSA Encryption
- We have Always-On Network Flow Monitoring
- We have DDos protection services provided by AWS, including Automated Mitigation and all APIs are protected using a Throttling middleware
- We have IP Attack Prevention in the form of Rack Attack Preventative Implemented
However, please remember:
- You provide personal data at your own risk: unfortunately, no data transmission across the internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure
If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately on email@example.com
Where do we store the data?
The data we collect is processed in our Data Centre hosted in Ireland, in our offices in Northampton (UK), Nottingham (UK) and Withernsea (UK) and also in any data processing facilities operated by the third parties identified below.
By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing by us. If we transfer or store your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
How long do we store your data?
We will stop actively using any personally identifiable data following the expiry of the record you have submitted, and will be archived for a further 6 years from after which your Personal Data will be deleted.
Other Third parties who process your data (Non-Partners)
Businesses often use third parties to help them host their application, communicate with customers, power their emails etc. We contract with third parties who we believe are the best in their field at what they do.
When we do this, sometimes it is necessary for us to share your data with them in order to get these services to work well.
Your data is shared only when strictly necessary and according to the safeguards and good practices detailed in this Privacy Notice.
If third party providers (processors) are established outside of the EU/EEA, we shall ensure that we contract only with third-party providers that are located in countries that ensure adequate levels of protection based on the European Commission’s adequacy decision or that IHL Tech Ltd has entered into agreements with corresponding Standard Contractual Clauses that ensure adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals.
Here are the details of our main third-party service providers, and what data they collect or we share with them, where they store the data and why they need it:
- Amazon Web Services, Ireland
- We host our SmartHub Application on AWS Data Centres in Ireland
Revision Date 09/12/21